The Constituent Colleges 19 Part 1 of two additional Colleges: Mr. Peter Yip has pledged an initial donation of HK$100 million for the establishment of C.W. Chu College, and Wu Yee Sun Charitable Foundation Ltd. has pledged HK$170 million for the establishment of Wu Yee Sun College. Chung Chi College Chung Chi College was founded in October 1951 by the representatives of Protestant churches in Hong Kong to meet the need for a local institution of higher learning that would be both Chinese and Christian. In 1955, it was formally incorporated under an ordinance of the government. The College had a very modest beginning with borrowed and rented premises, first in the Cathedral Hall and St. Paul’s Co-educational College, then in Caine Road and Lower Albert Road. Expansion was made possible by financial help from church organizations in North America and Britain. Local churches, firms, and private individuals also gave considerable support. In 1956 the College moved to its permanent site in the Ma Liu Shui valley. Between 1959 and 1963 the College received the bulk of its funds from the government. In 1963 the College was incorporated as one of the three Colleges of The Chinese University of Hong Kong.