Information Services Office   19.10.2011

385

Gathering at Wu Kai Sha, Ma On Shan
Setting off
The road is long
Finally the top
Reaching the ‘saddle’
Descent with Chung Chi College in the background
 
Newsletter No. 385 > Campus News > Colleges > Come Share the Joy with Chung Chi College > How We Climbed in Those Days

How We Climbed in Those Days

previouspausenext

Under the leadership of Mr. John Barr, the Chung Chi Climbing Club was established in 1957. To celebrate the sixth anniversary of the Chung Chi Students Union, the hill climbing competition was held in 1958. The hill then was called ‘Chung Chi Hill’, and was located on the present New Asia College campus. Supported by Mr. L.G. Morgan, the then Deputy Director of Education, the first Ma On Shan Climbing was held on 17 January 1959. Mr. Morgan also donated the prizes for the winners. Since then, the climbing became one of the College’s regular activities. In 1964, about 250 climbers took part. 


Mr. Lo Kwong-fung, alumnus and senior college tutor of CC, took part in the climbing every year when he was a student. He generously provided CUHK Newsletter with the photos of the Ma On Shan Climbing events taken from 1960s to 1970s.

Back Issues

Latest 10 issues

2020s

2010s

2000s

2009–10

2008–09

2007–08

2006–07

2005–06

2004–05

2003–04

2002–03

2001–02

2000–01

1990s

1980s

Social Bookmarks

twitter   facebook   Google   Baidu   qq